Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have too many facebooks, not able to remove most of them. I…

Customer Question
Have too many facebooks...

Have too many facebooks, not able to remove most of them. I just want (1) facebook account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

I do not remember

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

I tried t-moble to help me they were not able to help. I need to remove the extra facebook from my desktop which is a MAC and Tablet, which is a samsung, and phone which is an anndroid

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Facebook accounts. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply for your mac so we can remove it the one you dont want.

Do you have the facebook 'app' on your tablet and want to remove just one account from the tablet

or do you use a browser to log in and it shows you multiple logins when you use facebook?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
version 10.13.3
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is my understanding this is a free trail, where is the information when to cancel if you do not want this. How long is the trail, this information was not given
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

I could not answer. You opted me out of the question. My moderators opted me back in so we can continue and i can answer now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have more than 1 on the table, I have 5 on the MAC and 3 on the phone which is an android
Ok. Stand by. I Will send directions to remove them. This will take just a few minutes to gather your info.

My suggestion would be to log out of the current Facebook account. Then go into your user's Library folder (holding down the alt / opt key while in the "Go" menu in Finder and you will see a new entry "Library"). In your Library folder enter the subfolder "Preferences" and delete these two files:

com.apple.accounts d.plist & com.apple.internet accounts.plist (or just shove them over to the Desktop for testing)

Log out and back into the correct account and see if there are any notifications in Notification Center still listed. If yes, then download Onyx from http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadonyx.php and let it do an automation where it clears all caches. When Onyx is done it will ask you to restart.

From here you should be good and there should be no trace of the original/old Facebook account. If however you notice anything still being left over, comment back with more information.

Find it under System Preferences > Internet Accounts. You can remove Facebook account from there.

or

If you don't want to mess with plist or any system configuration, just open Facebook in your browser, go to Settings -> Apps and remove permission for Mac OS X in there. It will not send to your Mac any notifications anymore.

These two guides may assist you.

http://www.dummies.com/computers/macs/macbook/how-to-delete-user-accounts-on-your-macbook/

or

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h3YjTvxALM

If you have the actual app on your mac, you will need to uninstall the app like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdlPs4meGjk

and this is to permanently delete the facebook accounts from facebook server so they are no longer active anywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIV5eO1JH0

From your android you will simply delete the app and readd it. When you readd, you will log in with only the facebook account that you want.

To uninstall the Facebook app from your Android:

1. Go to your Android's settings and open your application manager
  2. Tap Facebook
  3. Tap Uninstall

Then you will readd by going to your playstore icon on your android.

Type in facebook and download and launch the app and sign in with the only facebook account you want.

Let me know if you get stuck.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not see a library folder I am stuck at the beginning of your instructions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I allow you to remote assist, would it take care of removing the extra facebook accounts on the desktop computer MAC, the samsung Tablet and the android phone?

I am signing out for the day and will let another expert pick this up for you to do remote.

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already paid the $39 they said they were getting me a new expert and they took my credit info so this is already paid fore
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you here I am ready for you to remote, as I said they took my information early for the $39.00

I do not see a remote option that you have selected. Is that what you wanted?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was talking the an agent regarding this if you were looking at my notes. I have already paid for this so the agent told me not to select it that he will take care of it and inform you about this. So I am waiting for you once he gets in touch with you.
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius