Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad has an activation lock on it and i couldnt remember…

Customer Question
My ipad has an...

My ipad has an activation lock on it and i couldnt remember the password ***** unlock it and now my account is locked up and i cant get it unlocked

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Well a day or so i accidently did it and now cant get off it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

I cant verify the securitu questions and the email that it displays i havent been able to get that in a long time

Ok, you will then have to go into an apple store with photo ID sorry.

Unfortunately, if your recovery information is not valid, this is the only way you will be able to get the password ***** as there us no other way to verify you for this.

I understand, it is frustrating but please understand it is the only way to correctly protect your account.