Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone has simply died. the battery has been recharged…

Customer Question
My iPhone has simply...

My iPhone has simply died. the battery has been recharged and is showing at 100%. However I can neither accept nor send calls or text messages. Emails,similarly do not come through. The screen shows that I am connected to WI FI

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

I can see the home icon but where do I find sleep and wake (I have an Iphone5)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Micky, Lead Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer

I understand your iPhone 5 seems stuck also if battery is charged 100%.

The Home button in the one on the bottom part of the iPhone with the square on it,

while the "Sleep/Wake" button in the one on the to and you use it to turn on the iPhone.

You can see a video on how to force reboot you iPhone here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqfe1Osmzi4

Once you restarted the iPhone, are you able to open any application or you can just see the display?

Best Regards