Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an older iPad that has deactivated and I cannot get…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older iPad that has deactivated and I cannot get it back on

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It said I tried to find my iPhone with it but I had not and it will not accept the password ***** tried. Just this morning it would not come on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is not the iPad I am trying to get turned on and why do I need to put credit card info in to get help?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

If you reset the Apple ID password ***** the iPad you can use the same Apple ID to reactivate the iPad.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.