Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad shows “Invalid SIM” -/ but no change in SIM card and…

Customer Question
My iPad shows “Invalid...

My iPad shows “Invalid SIM” -/ but no change in SIM card and no cellular data carrier change. Cannot open SIM tray, though I followed directions. Tray does not pop out?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How do I check that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

A week. First I noticed v v slow data connection. Second got SIM Error, which restored to normal after I re-started. Then got Invalid SIM after a few more days.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks, that’s it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Robert, consultant replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question. All I ask in return is that you please give me a 5 star excellent rating.

that usually requires a new sim card

what carrier are you using.

if there is a store near you they will be able to get it out

but usually you have to take an unbent paperclip and push it into the whole where the sim card goes. push it down till it triggers the catch that allows the whole piece of plastic to pop out a bit away from the edge of the tablet. then you can pull that out more and it will be a draw that holds the simm card