Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need activation help with ID and password for ipod. Daughter…

Customer Question
Need activation help with...

Need activation help with ID and password ***** ipod. Daughter got it for my wife 2nd hand. Was working yesterday, but now is asking for ID and password ***** has never been needed before.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Fully charged yesterday, current battery shows it is fully charged.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know what that is.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Just checking, you still working on your reply?
I can wait.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Where do I get that?
From the case - FCC ID: BCG-A1421
IC: 579C-A1421
Serial No: DJ6NPOBOFFCJ

Do you have an existing Apple ID with you for your ipod?

No. Only numbers off case.

Since it's a second hand product, I believe the previous owner would have created an Apple account. We need the Apple ID and the password ***** use it.

We do not have the Apple ID or password, since it was bought on the web. It was working yesterday and for over 4 years without needing the Apple ID or password. Why is it asking for the info now all of a sudden? Will the $39 secure remote assistance allow you to reset the ipod so we can make a new Apple ID and password?

The only way is to reset the device if you do not have the ID and the password.

We are unable to take a remote on the iPad unfortunately and that would not solve the problem as well.

Thank you for your help.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you for contacting Just Answer.