Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The restrictions passcode got changed on my sons iPhone and…

Customer Question
The restrictions passcode got...

The restrictions passcode got changed on my sons iPhone and I tried going back to factory start to reset but his find my iPhone was enabled and now the iCloud password ***** ***** working. I cannot remember the password ***** used and neither can my son. How can I set this phone up? Change the password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

December is when he got this phone.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I tried using iTunes but because I could not remember the password ***** my iPhone would not turn off. So I did the trouble shooting holding down home button and off button. I thought that we would be able to get in this way but still having issues.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Should I unplug the iPhone from my computer?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the iCloud ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Can I have the trusted phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••91?

I do not want to hook up remotely Thank you
1-***-***-****

Can you please tell me what is the model number of the iPhone? Is it iPhone SE, iPhone 6/7/8?

iPhone SE

Could you please tell me what do you see in the iPhone SE?

I had taken it back to factory setting and so it is trying to set up the screen it is on is iCloud ID and password. I can't get past this page.

iWhen I tried to reset the iCloud ID, I am getting a message stating "You can now reset your password ***** your iPhone. A message with instructions has been sent to ShaneGuichard’s iPhone (iPhone SE)". But there is no way you can get any instruction to your iPhone, In this case we can try with alternate way to recovery the ID.

ok how do you want to proceed? do you want the instructions sent to my iPhone(###) ###-####

A text message with a verification code was sent to +1(###) ###-#### Can I have the Code?

338602

I am really sorry to say this, even that doesn't work because when I tried to use the alternate way to recover, I am getting an message stating When your account is ready for recovery, we will send instructions to +1(###) ###-#### Status information will be available in 4 days. In this case instead of waiting for 4 days, What I suggest you is, You can reach Apple Account Security team over the phone at 1-***-***-**** /1-***-***-****. They are available from 7AM to 10PM CST 7 days a week.

IMPORTANT: After reach apple and if get an automated system. Just say "iTunes" and then say "Account" for Account Security. Then, say "Yes" when the system asks if you would like to be transferred to an advisor again say "Yes".

I am calling now

Please do reach us back after checking with them.