Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'd like to remove all of my files so that I can sell my…

I'd like to remove...

I'd like to remove all of my files so that I can sell my MacBook Air. There are articles about the MacBook Pro in how to do that, but I need to do that to my Air.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

Help me find it.

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

Sorry, not a technie. I don't know. Bought it at Best Buy. I guess I'll check around.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Sorry, they must have done it at the store. I don't have a cd for this computer.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

So you want to return it to a new Mac correct? Like if they had purchased it from the store?

Thanks

Then you need to do the following

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

There you choose Erase Disk

This wipes all data from the disk, once done choose Reinstall OS

This will reinstall the computers operating system.

Once this has complete, it is ready to give out.

Let me know how you go please

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
I don't have a disk. For $39 you would do it all for me and it would be safe?

You do not need a disk for this, but I cannot remote to the Mac as you do this when you start it up.

I can call you though and step you through it

What is your phone number?

My cell is(###) ###-#### My home phone(###) ###-#### Which do you want to use? Is this the remote assistance?

yes this is the remote assistance