Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just received a message that said this: AppIe Service Dear…

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a message that said this:
AppIe Service
Dear Client,Your Apple ID (*****@******.***) was used to sign into iCIoud from a different device.Device : iPhone 7 Plus
Location : Moscow, Russia
IP Address : 108.92.722.58
If you've not signed into iCloud recently and believe someone may have accessed your account, go to Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com) and make sure you are indeed the owner of the account.What should I do? Did it come from Apple or an outside source? Roger Garrison

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I am not sure. I might have changed it a while ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Probably not, but I am not too good at computers....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to see if someone else has access to my i-cloud?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

There have been a lot of these scam emails going around lately and they will ask you for personal information like your social security number or other personal information. Apple would never ask you for information like this.

You can go ahead and delete that email as it is a complete scam and not sent by apple. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.