Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to finally resolve the password issue that I have had…

Customer Question
I need to finally...

I need to finally resolve the password ***** that I have had since I forgot my password ***** my yahoo account and my Apple ID. I have a new email and password. It's sn

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Help me set a new password

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Can't remember. Talked with tech support over a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm really pissed. I want access to normal services yesterday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer Apple ID and Yahoo! account question.

I regret to have to say that I have no special powers over Yahoo! (nor over Apple) accounts.

However, I can point you as to where to either regain access, or change passwords.

For Yahoo!: log in to mail.yahoo.com, then go to hover over the Gear button in the upper-right corner.

Select Account Info

then Account Security

There, put in your current password.

and click on the change password link.

Create a new password. (You may have to enter it twice, accurately, so be careful.)

Submit that. Once it is accepted, Sign Out. Wait a half minute or so, then sign in with your new password.

- As for changing an Apple ID password:

1. sign in to your Apple ID account at https://appleid.apple.com/

2. go to the Security section, and choose Change Password.

3. Enter your current or present Apple ID password,

then enter your new password ***** it, that you want to change it to, twice.

Submit that change (Change Password.)

4. And you should be able to sign in with the new password, shortly thereafter, to access Apple services and features.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

What is the benefit of this answer if I can’t remember my password?

I answered the question as to how you could change it.

Now, to retrieve or reset the password, when it is unknown or you have forgotten or misplaced it, is a different process - you cannot change the password ***** you have access to the account with the password. So, retrieve the password ***** way:

Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'. Follow the process through to recover or reset your password ***** your Apple ID.

(This may be done on any computer or smart device with internet and web page access.)
- If this answers your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer.com question page. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.