Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just was given an iPhone from my boss - so you are dealing…

Customer Question
Hi - I just...

Hi - I just was given an iPhone from my boss - so you are dealing with a rookie. I am trying to get an app from the app store for setting up a smart wristband. I am getting the message "please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction" I am on my CC screen in completing my Apple ID.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know - how do I find that out?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

My boss just gave me the phone two days ago. It is an I phone 6. It was used previously by another employee - but everything has been wiped clean to the best of my knowledge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iTunes. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you able to sign into appleid.apple.com ?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I am on the Complete your Apple ID screen. I just entered my CC info. Everything else appears to be complete.

Do you have another card you can use for payment it does not have to stay in there.

Enter that card info and save and then enter the original card info and save and try to process the app purchase again.

ok

Let me know what happens.

I put in another card and now it says "We've run into a problem. Please try again later.

Go back to the original card and then sign out of iTunes on the phone and back in.

I still says "please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction"

Did you sign out of iTunes on the phone and back in?

I had to reenter my id. Or do I need to completely start my purchase over again? This is also the first time I used this ID to purchase something from the app store. It gave me that message every time I went into the app store
I really don't want to pay $39 for help to purchase an app. $5 to get an answer to a question was enough. Sorry - but I am getting frustrated.
I am going to go online and enter a totally new credit card. And start all over again.
Even with a new card it says "Please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction" I am guessing at this point it maybe the app I am trying to purchase. My cards are both good. How do I just contact iTunes? I called the number and they gave me your service? I am guessing at this point you are not iTunes Support.