Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My google chrome has been hijacked by malware called My Way.

Customer Question
My google chrome has...

My google chrome has been hijacked by malware called My Way. I want Google Chrome back as my browser

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a MacBook

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook? What have you tried so far?

Two days ago I thought I was downloading an App for a game from the web (not the app store) but My Way which seems like Bing took over chrome

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please click on the three dots top right in Chrome, then settings.

Then go to the bottom of the page and click on advance, then the bottom again and then Reset

Once done it should then remove it.

Let me know how you go please

Thank you