Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac book pro c02JD4EJDKQ4 serial number will not start black…

Second opinion] Mac book...

Second opinion] Mac book pro c02JD4EJDKQ4 serial number will not start black screen

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I want my MacBook to work

Are you on my computer? It is in Mac OS utilities right now
3/8/2018
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, no I am not on your MacBook Pro just yet, as you are in Mac OS Utilities, which does not allow any secure remote desktop support.

The fact you are in Mac OS Utilities, however, is good- this means you are in a resource we can work with to help you get back to your main user login.

What I would recommend you do first, is perform disk repair of your internal hard drive using Disk Utility.

To access Disk Utility, simply select click on Disk Utility

• Make sure from the left sidebar, you see "Macintosh HD" selected

• If you do, look at the menu icons on the center of the small window and click on First Aid

• Follow the prompts until you start running the First Aid check and repair service

By design, this function should correct any unseen issues with the section of your hard drive where your user account and files are stored.

If all goes well with this process, then you see an "Operation successful" message in the summary window, and a green check mark on the hard drive icon (see the second screenshot).

This process just checks the integrity of your hard drive volume, containing your Sierra OS and user account, and .to make sure there are no errors.

After you run Disk Utility and no errors are found,

What I recommend you do next:

• Quit out of Disk Utility to get back to the main Mac OS Utilities windows.

• Now this time, select Reinstall macOS

Here you will want to follow the prompts to begin reinstalling macOS with a newer version of the same mac OS you had installed prior to your screen going black on your Macbook Pro.

Just for some added assurance: you will not lose any data on your hard drive performing this reinstall

Apple has designed this portion of the macOS Utilities to remove the previous mac OS you had installed and provide you with a fresh copy of the same macOS version.

Depending on the speed of your MacBook Pro (which I see is a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), and space on your hard drive, a typical reinstallation of macOS can take anywhere between 45 minutes up to 90 minutes or more.

If all goes well, you should be able to reach your main user login as you once did, providing the reinstallation is successful and you have no hardware issues.

I hope I've laid these instructions out for you so you can easily follow them. If you have any challenges with this recommended process, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks, ***** ***** forward to your update.

Kind Regards,

-TD

TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast
I turned it off and it started right back up.
Not right now. It seems to be working. Thank you.