Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac book pro c02JD4EJDKQ4 serial number will not start black…

Customer Question
Mac book pro c02JD4EJDKQ4...

Mac book pro c02JD4EJDKQ4 serial number will not start black screen

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I want my MacBook to work

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Ok. I don't know what that is
What do I do? I am not computer savvy.
What does the service offer mean?
What are you talking about?
Are you there?
No one is answering me. You have given me zero help
Good by
Are you working on our project. We have not received any feedback
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I am a Mac Specialist and IT Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

I am just coming online and I saw your question was unanswered. My apologies for your long wait.

I will be more than happy to assist you

If you see my post, I have just a few questions to ask, as I know you have already been proactive already performing the NVRAM (PRAM) reset.

• Can you provide me an idea of what activity with your MacBook Pro you were involved with just around the time your MacBook Pro went to a black screen? (i.e. web surfing, checking emails, installing/uninstalling software, software updates, etc.)

• Aside from the NVRAM reset, what happened when you attempted to go into OS Recovery (Apple CMD key + R)?

These are just a few questions I have, so if you are still online, please take your time and provide me your feedback to these inquiries and I will diligently to see if we can't resolve this issue with your Macbook Pro screen remaining black.

Hi Terry. After I gave up waiting for someone to help me last night. I read an email from ZDNet Tech and it said to To reset the NVRAM/PRAM, you need to simultaneously hold down Command + Option + P + R while powering on the system. (Yes, that requires some finger dexterity!)
Keep holding down the four buttons until you hear your Mac emit the "WALLe" startup chime and then keep holding them down until you hear it for a second time.
Note that, for the iMac Pro, there is no startup sound, and you release the keys after the Apple logo appears and disappears for the second time.
After I did that my computer started after being down for a week. The last thing I remember doing before I shut it down was deleting emails. I was lost without my computer. Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I am now afraid to turn my computer off for fear it will not turn back on.
Do you think my MAC is not fixed?
Hello! Thanks for the update and you are most welcome. Also my apologies for not following up with you yesterday. I was offline for my entire day yesterday to attend to a personal family matter.But It’s ok, you don’t have to fear turning your MacBook Pro off.Despite the fact your MacBook Pro has started up after a week, it’s still a good sign the issue isn’t hardware- related.However, to ease your mind I would recommend you boot your MacBook Pro into OS Recovery and select under the OS Utilities window, “Reinstall Mac OS” - this would be a great step to perform believe it or not, because you won’t lose any of your data on your hard drive. Instead this function will remove your existing macOS version and replace it with a newer more functional version of your macOS.I am suggesting this option also because I believe that your current macOS directory may be damaged, which is why you’ve had such difficulty getting your MacBook Pro started back to your normal user login screen.
Apple recommends performing a reinstall just for cases like this.This is why they created this great knowledge base article to help you perform this process and help resolve your start up woes, so you can be free to power up or power down your MacBook Pro down without the dread of wondering if your portable notebook will start up or not.
The article for reinstalling and even better- upgrading your current macOS can be found via the link below:
“How to reinstall macOS”Link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904I’m not sure what version of macOS you are currently running, but if you check by clicking on the Black Apple menu icon, located in the upper left corner of your screen, and select “About this Mac” you can see what version of Mac OS you currently are running.If it is a version or more below 10.13.3 macOS High Sierra, then you are definitely due for an upgrade or update (if you are already using an earlier version of High Sierra 10.13.2 or 10.13.1)To bring your MacBook Pro to the most current Mac OS version is an even better solution in cases like yours.Otherwise, if you already have the most current MacOS then reinstalling it as I mentioned in the previous post, would be just as good, to remove the damaged macOS directory you may currently have.
Think about this, mill it over a bit and let me know if you have any questions. I will remain on your question until we get you an answer that will alleviate your stress and really get you back to normal use of your MacBook Pro.Thanks again for your previous response- I look forward to your next update-TD