Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipads itunes disabled. Awhile i hardly ever use it.

Customer Question
Ipads itunes disabled Technician's...

Ipads itunes disabled

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Awhile i hardly ever use it

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Everything might be locked out it to

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Hi, I am Bhavik. I will help you in it.
Ok

Do you have any computer with you ? and have you ever sync your ipad with iTunes before ?

No computer wife not home sure I have

Okay, You can earase the content of your ipad using any compter and that will unlock this device for you.

Erase your device with iTunes to remove your passcode

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your device to the computer you synced with.
  2. Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode.
  3. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup. If it doesn't, learn what to do.
  4. After the sync and backup have finished, click Restore [your device].
  5. When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
  6. Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.

Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode

If you've never synced with iTunes, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Did this work for you ?