Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It wants a passcode and I don't know what it is. My iPad is…

Customer Question
It wants a passcode...

It wants a passcode and I don't know what it is. My iPad is brand new and I can't get into it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried setting it though iTunes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

In cases where you don't have the PIN to unlock the iPad, the only way back into the iPad is through an iTunes restore & reset. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    ~ Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

Please do not forget to rate my service to you so I am credited with my assistance. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day :)