Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot get rid of the split screen on my ipad. 11.2.6 I…

Customer Question
I cannot get rid...

I cannot get rid of the split screen on my ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

11.2.6 I think

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

I can look in the application folder—if I can find it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can’t find an applications folder

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
I’d like to learn how to do it if I can. If not, I’ll let you do it. When can I expect your answer?
3/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question and provide you a solution.

To disable Slide Over multitasking on the iPad,

From the Home screen tap on Settings > General > Multitasking.

There, you'll see an option at the top of the window called Allow Multiple Apps. Toggle it to Off (white) and all side-by-side forms of iPad multitasking will be disabled, including Slide Over and its sibling Split View.

That will resolve your issue with spilt screen. Please let me know if any further questions, take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top/

Are you there? It has been a while!

Yes, did you get my answer to your question?

How did you make out? Were you able to try the solution?

Went to settings, multi, swiped to off. It didn ‘t work.

OK, once you have disabled it. Do a restart of the iPad.

Go to Settings > General> Restart

See if you still get split view.

How did it go?