Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a apple mac book air that I purchased 8 mo ago. I…

Customer Question
I have a apple...

I have a apple mac book air that I purchased 8 mo ago. I spilled water on the keyboard and now the apple lights up but the keyboard is black. Is there any chance this can be repaired?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Air (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

No. I flipped the computer over to hopefully drain any water. Since the screen was black I have not done anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it possible that may work? is it typical that water will destroy the computer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry this has happened to you, this mean either the hard drive (or GPU) was damaged during the spill or the motherboard is not allowing communication to the hard drive, I would suggest take it to the apple store to see what components are damaged. this is not a software issue but hardware.

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you