Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ashik, Hope you're doing well. glad to see you're still here…

Hi Ashik,Hope you're doing well...
Hi Ashik,Hope you're doing well. glad to see you're still here for us :)I have a question about text messaging. I have an iPhone. When I send texts to non-iPhone owners, the texts arrive to their phones all jumbled up and out of order. their texts arrive just fine to my phone.
What can I change in my Message settings so my messages aren't impossible to read?Thanks,
Holly
3/7/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi Holly, When did this problem start? Are you using any pictures or emojis?

It has been going on for several years, actually. It happened w my old iPhone 5S. Still continuing w new iPhoneX.
Happens with or w/o emojis gif's or bitmojis. Can even happen with a one sentence text.
Hmmm... it sounds like you've never heard of this?

This usually happens if the texts are sent out as MMS or with Emojis icon. Can you delete previous text message thread, then send a text message without any emojis?

I just looked around under Messages in Settings.
Currently, SMS is not highlighted in green. But MMS Messaging IS green.
Would it help to change either of those selections?

You need to enable SMS and set it to green.

You need to enable SMS and set it to green. So, to non iPhones, it will send as SMS instead of imessage/MMS

Ashik, Mac Technician
Thanks. One last question to follow up on that ... ok, two.
1. If I set SMS to green, will my iPhone still send blue iMessages to other iPhones?
2. Should I leave MMS Messaging set to green?

Hi there, Sorry for the delay. Yes, when you enable SMS, your iPhone will still send iMessage if you are sending to Apple devices. Enable MMS as well. If it still not working properly, then disable MMS and test again