Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Recently very slow internet. Apple macbook pro macbook and i…

Customer Question
Recently very slow internet ...

Recently very slow internet

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Apple macbook pro macbook and i pad mini

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro? What about your iPad?

OS X el capitan for one

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried with your MacBook Pro?

None you direct please?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm on MacBook now. I'll get the pro.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today.
Sorry to hear about your slow internet. There are a few things we can try.

First, is to fully reboot your internet. That requires you to go to your modem/router, and pull the power out of them for about 30 seconds. This will allow them to fully reboot. Depending on your setup, you may have 1 or 2 pieces of equipment.

While they are rebooting, please close all programs and reboot your MAC as well as your Ipad and any other device connecting to the internet. This will allow all of them to get fresh IP information from your modem/router when the reboot is finished.

After that you will want to give it about 2-5 mins for the equipment to reconnect to the internet.

Then, you can test speeds. A good website to see what speed you are receiving from your internet provider is: http://www.speedtest.net/

This will show you a download and upload speed. You can compare this to what you are paying your Internet provider for. You should be getting at least 75% of what you are paying for. If you are not, then we will want to get the internet provider on the phone and have them run tests to verify there are no issues on their end.

Please let me know if I can assist you further with this.

If this helps you please give me a 5 star rating.

Thanks,
Jamie

Were you able to get the internet speed back to normal? Did you need any further assistance with this?

-Jamie

Hello, did you need any further assistance with this? Let me know if you do.

Thanks,
Jamie