Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We had a power surge last night when my iphone 5 was

Customer Question
We had a power...

We had a power surge last night when my iphone 5 was charging and on. Now it is locked on the apple icon and will not turn off or on. It's just stuck. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Maybe a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Sorry, I'm 68 years old, and don't even know what an online account reset is

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Did the iPhone have any issues before this power surge?