Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

ITunes on my macbook quit responding after updating my

Customer Question
Hey my iTunes on...

Hey my iTunes on my macbook quit responding after updating my device.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I don't know when for sure. Could've been awhile. But now it will be hard for me to tell since it won't open.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

Yeah sure. i’M ready.

Hi

Does it freeze every time you open it?

Thanks

Kris

No.
The iTunes window never actually opens. Then it just continues to say "Application not responding".

OK - is this on Windows or mac?

Macbook Pro

OK have you tried to reinstall the application after backing up the library, this would be the first step.

No I haven't. How would I do that?

Please remove iTunes from your computer

Okay I will try this
how do I uninstall iTunes?

See here: https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/uninstall-itunes/