Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have my Apple ID, can not remember my password, how do I…

Customer Question
I have my Apple...

I have my Apple ID, can not remember my password, how do I reset?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Good question, got pad for christmas

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, it kept asking for password, maybe I was using the wrong tool, trying to reset through settings?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your password ***** your apple id. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

You have to go online to change the password ***** apple id unless you have it stored and we can 'reveal it'.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

How to change password
No

Reset your apple password:

Getting in will depend on how you set up your apple id recovery:

Go to your https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and click ""Forgot Apple ID or password."" If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
Enter your Apple ID.
Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
Choose how to reset your password:
To answer your security questions, select ""Answer security questions"" and follow the rest of the steps.
To get email instead, select ""Get an email."" To reset your password, use the email that we send to your primary or rescue email address. Didn't get the email?
If asked for a Recovery Key, use the steps for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.

Try those steps to recover the password ***** let me know the results. If we need further instructions, just let me know either way.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin"

Hi, i havent heard from you for a bit. Can you tell me if you were able to get your reset done online per

instruction or did you need any further assistance?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl

To ensure you are not continually billed as you requested and this is a one time successful support session

per our discussion, use the link at top to make sure you are not subscribed.

Franklin