Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Mac computer crashed and I wasn't able to recover

My Mac computer crashed...

My Mac computer crashed and I wasn't able to recover anything. I got my Mac back and tried to add my gmail account. When I did this, it seems I have two gmail accounts with the same name and password ***** the gmail on my phone has all of the backup emails and my new Mac email has no history and does not interact with my phone. How do I sync the two?

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your Mac crashed?

It was being upgraded.....so everything was wiped out.

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your Mac? (For Mac OS 10.70 and later, you can check storage through the Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> Storage. For earlier versions, you can do this through Finder.)

229.3

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know why I don't have any space left....

3/7/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about email. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
I do not want to pay $39 for this service. Please just tell me what to do

I don't understand. The passwords seem to be the same.

Please rephrase your question.

My phone email and my new Mac computer have the same name and password ***** the phone has all of the history and the computer has none. The two are also not connected as if they are two separate emails.

Who is your email through?

gmail

If you go to gmail.com does it have all your mail?

Then remove the account from the computers that are not working and add it back.