Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need my iPad password. I never changed it

Customer Question
Need my iPad password. ...

Need my iPad password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I never changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPad. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you mean passcode?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Is passcode and password ***** same thing?

No. Passcode are 4 to 6 digits and Passwords are longer letter number combinations.

I guess I need a pass code.

Do you have a computer you can plug your iPad into?

No

You will need that at a minimum or remember your passcode.

Why do I need a passcode if I have a password?

the passcode is for the device. password ***** ***** your account.

Well, it seems we can go no further. Did the password ***** entered going to work?

Can you access your iPad at all?

There where is this password ***** issue?

When my daughter tried it, it didn’t work.

Ok it is a password ***** not a passcode. Where is it asking you for this password?

I think I will stop for now and ask her what went wrong. Thank-you.

You're welcome.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!