Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an ipad 4. I need to get up. Upsdates. I have had it…

I have an ipad...

I have an ipad 4. I need to get up

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Upsdates

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I have had it off for an about 5 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is now 10.3.3

3/7/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPad. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What do you mean by get it up?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Get it up and running. How do I get lAteat updates.

Well the iPad 4 only goes to 10.3.3, Are you trying to get it past there?

I need updates. Usually they show up in settings.

10.3.3 is the latest for that iPad. There are not more updates.

I need to go beyond 10.3.3

I am going to say this in a different way. You cannot. Won't happen. Never going to happen. It is to old.

I need to get my messages to populate. My ipad. They are not received on I pad. A tech person told me I had to get updates or it won’t work. I do not use ipad for email.
Can you check the exact model I have. I think it is ipad 4

Where do you get messages from? Also that tech person may have just been nice and not told you you need newer tech. I am honest and want you to get what you want done. Ya know?

The serial number is ***** settings. What is the serial number?

Messages through Verizon I guess. Works fine on my I phone 7
Model A148
A1458. Sorry

Are you signed into iMessage in settings?

On both devices?

Sign out and back in on both devices and then send a message. They will not retroactively show up.

Ok. Will try that

Ok

Oddly the measage sent to iphone from ipad did not go through. The one from iphone went to my ipad.
Serial number DMPL3C29F184

Can someone send you a message to your phone to see if it comes through on both devices?

I did. I sent a message from ipad and reply came back from sender. Neither sent or received texts showed up on iphone.

Are you certian that iMessage is on on both devices and you are using the same account?

I only have one account. Is the same on both,
How can I check to make sure that everything is turned on that needs to be turned on?
did you check to see if I have an Ipad 4 or not? or can you?

Use this guide: LINK

everything is set up correctly. (from yesterday and days before)
it is set up properly

You can try turning stuff off and back on.

OK will do that now
do you know what ipad I have from the serial number I gave you? might that give a clue about getting the messages to show on both devices?

4th gen wifi only ipad

well. does not seem to synch phone to ipad for messages. Nothing that can be done I guess.

Are all the messages text or imessage?

text messages are what I have always used.

The older OS may not handle text messages in green.

it worked perfectly well and synched with phone up to early fall of 2017

That is when iOS 11 came out.

OH...cant put that into the ipad I have. Is it a 4? I guess.

Correct

well the riddle is solved.
thanks for your help Justin. Much appreciated
jonathan

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius