Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Locked out of my iPad. Tried my user name and password but…

Locked out of my...

Locked out of my iPad. Tried my user name and password ***** they show as incorrect. Screen says someone used the Find My iPhone link but I don't have an iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remember exactly. Maybe 6mos. to a year ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I can't get past the locked screen to do that.

3/7/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Find My iPhone is feature Apple created which is Activation Lock. Basically when you turn this feature on iCloud if locks the device to your Apple ID. This was created to prevent theft, if your device is stolen or lost someone cannot just reset and start using it w/o knowing the Apple ID and Password. Not sure why they call it Find My iPhone on the iPad but that does not mean it was turned on with an iPhone.

Have you tried to reset your password ***** you can get pass the prompt?

I don't get the option to change the password.
No.

OK, please open another tab on your browser so you keep this window open go to iCloud.com

Click on Forgot Apple ID and password ***** It will take you to the page. Enter the Apple ID and follow the prompts to reset password. Choose to reset by email. Please let me know how you make out, I will be here on standby.

If you need assistance I can offer remote support to assist you.

Any luck?

No
Never got an email

Do you have access to that email account?

Please check your junk email folder.

Please try it again. If you select to reset via email it should be instant on receiving the email.

ok
I have done this 4 times. Still no email inbox or in spam. WTH?

What email service are you using?

Did you still want assistance with your issue? Were you able receive the email now?

email yes. still locked out. I will try to figure this out. Thanks for your help.

Once you get the email and reset the password ***** if you can enter it on the iPad but it will need to be connected to WIFi.

You can also sign into iCloud.com and remove it from your devices. Let me know if any further questions, please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. Thanks, Cris.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist