Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I think I have two problems: I am using an iMac with the MS…

I think I have...

I think I have two problems:

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I am using an iMac with the MS Office. Problem 1: I have both installed MS Office for Mac 2011 applications, plus I have an Office 365 subscription. I am not sure which one is active for me - they do seem to work together.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

One minute...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

It is OS Sierra 10.13.3.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My second problem is that I am having trouble locating the commands to do an email merge.

3/7/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about two problems. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Which one would you like to resolve first?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Hi, Justin. I would like to resolve the Office for Mac 2011 vs. Office 365 question first.
I am wanting to send out a batch of merged emails using Word. However, I cannot find the correct menu choices to allow me to do that in Word for Mac 2011.

Have you used this guide:

LINK

Thanks, ***** ***** have some similar instructions from Microsoft. The problem is that there is no command to locate the Select Mail Merge > E-Mail Messages, so I can only print individualized postal letters.

This is not a thing?

1. Switch to the Mailings ribbon.
  2. Click on the Finish & Merge menu and select the Send E-Mail Messages option.
Let me give that a quick look - can you stand by?

Yes

The issue is in the Mail merge Manager. My document is not yet connecting to the Recipients List (excel file). I think once I can get that working, the Email icon will activate for me to select in the Finish menu.
I think I am needing to start over again with a fresh Document. Thanks for your assistance. You helped me recognize that the issue was in the Finish portion of the Mail Merge Manager. I think I'm good from here.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Thanks - I'll do the rating.