Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need help changing my apple ID without losing all my

Customer Question
I need help changing...

I need help changing my apple ID without losing all my contacts and notes etc

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Changed my password *****

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, the problem is my iphone was once a company phone, and the apple ID was my work email address. The changed the phone program, gave us the phones and we paid for the service. BUT I was let go from the company last week so my work email address is no longer a valid email address. So now I keep losing my contacs and notes that were saved. Can I transfer all my info to another apple ID?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 5 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Apple ID. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

NOT A PASSWORD *****!
Sorry, If you read the tread you will see its not a password *****
Do I need to retype it all again?
No

Do you want to change the email on file or sign in with a completely different Apple ID?

Change the e-mail on file, in other words change my apple ID but maintain or transfer over all the cloud data with it.

Can you sign into appleid.apple.com ?

did that
i am signed in again
awaiting your solution
You can figure this out!
C'mon don't give up!
Anything??
Crickets
Are you still there?
Its been nearly 20 minutes since you responded. Can I assume you gave up?
Are we done?

Sorry for the delay response. You were asking to change the email on file with your apple id, correct?

FORGET IT!
You guys suck.
Over an hour to respond and ask me the very 1st question again.
Thats rude.
I want my money back.
Can we end this so I can give you 1 star?

No you cannot get a refund and give me 1 star Have a great day! I will not be able to respond after as customer service will handle it from there. Thanks and have a wonderful day!