Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Warning from Microsoft that computer is contaminated with…

Customer Question
Warning from Microsoft that...

Warning from Microsoft that computer is contaminated with with hackers gave this number8668419124 is this a scam I shut down the computer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook Pro when I turned it back on there is now a guest user which was not ther before

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Just received this announcement 5 min ago there was a warning not to close the warning and to call that number and when I turned it back on the guest user icon came up alongside mine

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. This message is not from Microsoft. Here is a page on the official microsoft site about these scams https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/support-scams

These pop ups are generated from websites you may visit and that is it. No one has gained access to your computer. Have you signed back in under your account and is the message gone?