Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to buy iphone8 but lady on the phone was unable to…

Customer Question
I want to buy...

I want to buy iphone8 but lady on the phone was unable to get me Apple ID and password ***** will send me the e-mail needed to purchase the phone... why can’t I gat a Genius Bar appointment to set-up a new iPhone 8 with my existing phone # and e-mail address?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I never knew my Apple password ***** id

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Tried setting up one today but it won’t let me use my current e-mail address... Apple rep told me she needed an e-mail to sell me a phone!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to go to the Apple store to pick up a new iphone8 and have an Apple ID and password ***** make it work... why can’t the Genius Bar do that?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

You can get a genius bar appointment at support.apple.com

Won’t let me set up an appointment

You can do it with or without and Apple ID and Password.