Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Having trouble with my iwatch. I am not sure. I had trouble…

Having trouble with my...

Having trouble with my iwatch

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I had trouble with my sign in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It was under an old email i have not had for years

Won’t pair with my iPhone S
3/6/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Apple Watch. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Was it paired to something else before?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

hi
yes it was paired with my older iphone

Did you unpair it before you started this process?

no
I have it a drawer for months
Frustrating so I put it away for awhile

The following steps may help:

• If you have not yet done so, remove the Apple Watch from Find My iPhone online:
    • On a computer, in a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com > sign in with your Apple ID.
    • Open Find iPhone > select All Devices (at the top) > click your Apple Watch.
    • Click Erase Apple Watch > Select Next until the device is erased.
    • Click "X" next to your Apple Watch.

• If you have not yet done so and if the option remains available, also unpair your watch from within the Watch app on your iPhone:
    • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: ***** ***** (tab) > tap on the name of the watch (at the top) > tap on the "i" icon next to the watch > if the button is shown, tap on Unpair Apple Watch and follow the further instructions.

Having followed the previous steps, ask the new owner to follow these:

• On their iPhone: close the Watch app (double-press on the Home button, then swipe up on the Watch app preview).

Ok I will try that
Thsnks

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius