Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was watching local new via contur on my IPad and a message…

Customer Question
I was watching local...

I was watching local new via contur on my IPad and a message came up "Activation Lock." Asking for Apple ID and Password. My device is almost 10 years old and my husband set it up. doesnt remember either or. I think the ID is***@******.***. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPad. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Can you sign into appleid.apple.com on another computer?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I am trying to.
It wants security answer and I don't know them. My husband set this up.
Can't we do this any other way than securely connect?
Are you still there?

Please dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password. When finished messages me back, ok?

I figured it out all by myself. Thanks for your help.

By calling that number?

No, I figured it out all by myself.

Cool! Have a wonderful day!