Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Was trying to install the new Apple high Sierra update to my…

Customer Question
Was trying to install...

Was trying to install the new Apple high Sierra update to my 2011 Mac book pro and I received this: system/installation/packages/osintall.mpkg file missing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

It has been like this since two days ago. I have selected command+r and am at the OS X UTILITIES page

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My Lacie time machine backup is from June 2017 so I need to try to avoid restoring and losing data at all costs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about upgrading. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Where did you try to update from?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Where did I update from? you mean what program was I on before trying to upgrade to high Sierra? I had Yosemite OSX