Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased my headset from Nuance. I want to use it without…

Customer Question
Hi, I purchased my...

Hi, I purchased my headset from Nuance. I want to use it without the telephone, connected to my Mac, with the Dragon software. I cannot seem to be able to talk into it, the software isn't recognizing me. How do I accomplish this? I cannot find Nuance support for this.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Mac?

12.7.3.46?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I bought this last fall, and when I couldn't use it, I put it aside. My Mac OS is Sierra 10.12.6

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Thank you!
I have the unit connected to the iMac and the power source plugged in. The white light on the front is lit where the computer icon is.
The headset has the blue light indicating charging. I've installed the software, so what am I missing?

Where did the software you installed come from? Do you have a link if it was a download?

I purchased the Sennheiser set from Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking.
The software came in the box with the headset.

After install have you restarted the comptuer?

I was asked about iTunes when I asked my initial question. What does this have to do with using the headset with Dragon? And yes, the computer was restarted. This was in the fall, but I could never figure out how it actually worked. I can hear anything when I test, and it doesn't seem to hear me. I was hoping someone could help me with the switches on the back to make sure I had them postioned correctly, and hopefully find someone who knew about this particular device.
I'm sorry, I cannot hear anything through this headset when trying to test.

Have you restarted your computer since you installed the software?

I'm sorry, I don't seem to be able to put my fingers on the user manual.

Have you restarted your computer since you installed the software? You do not need a users manual to restart a computer.

I said I did.
It was a couple months ago and I restart my computer several times a week.
I know the User Guide won't help me with restarting my computer.

Wait how long had this been a problem?

Never mind. I'll keep trying to find a contact with Nuance.

How long has this be a problem?