Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a virus alert on Safari. Cannot use Safari at all.

I have a virus...

I have a virus alert on Safari. Cannot use Safari at all. Cannot close.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Safari?

Don't think I ever have

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Safari?

Have just tried to open

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Cannot close or delete one open page that says I have a virus

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2018
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

The best thing to do is to forcefully close the computer by pressing and holding down the Power button on the computer until it turns off. Once it is off, simply turn it back on and you will be in the clear.

Did that work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This isn't a computer, it's an iphone. I tried your recommendation, did not work

I was not told that it was an iPhone.

Press and hold bot the Home button on the front of the iPhone and the power button at the same time. Keep both depressed until the iPhone reboots. Once that occurs, let go of both buttons and allow it to come back up. Did that help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

Did the iPhone turn off, show you the Apple logo, and turn back on?

In Safari, you still cannot do anything?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I cannot

Please, do the following.

Open the App Store on the iPhone, search for Google Chrome and install the Google Chrome browser. After that is installed, open Google Chrome and test it. Does the Google Chrome app work for you?

Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Best number to reach me is(###) ###-####

Has anyone contacted you regarding the secure remote assistance session?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

I will ask the moderator to send a reminder to the expert who accepted the remote request. They should be contacting you soon. Thank you for your patience.

FRAN
FRAN, Mac Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Let me get the link so we can start remote session

click on this link https://techfran.screenconnect.com/ and at the page where it shows join put in this code 24134 and press arrow

Jason Jones, Mac Technician