Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Mad has gotten SSSLLLOOOWWW. I also have the spinning…

My Mad has gotten...

My Mad has gotten SSSLLLOOOWWW. I also have the spinning beach ball. And I have about 26,000 pictures stored on mac. I wonder if I have a virus.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen Mac (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?

I have used Force Quit, but not the option, command and escape. I can try it,

3/5/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

ok Will do.

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer