Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I try to start up my computer, it says that macOS could…

When I try to...

When I try to start up my computer, it says that macOS could not be installed on you computer. The path / system/installation/packages/OSinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I'm running the current system on an imac.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

We just got back from a week's vacation. It says to quit the installer to restart the computer and try again but there's only a button for Restart and that just brings me back to this again. I tried PRAM and Command R for disk utility. Nothing found.

3/4/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can reinstall your Mac OS. Reinstalling OS won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem.

Turn off your Mac by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS.

If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician