Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot download pictures from my IPhone to my computer.

I cannot download pictures...

I cannot download pictures from my IPhone to my computer

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Sorry I am not sure where I can find that information. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It happened yesterday when I tried to download some photos to the computer. It would not let me download any photos taken after October 2017

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I also got a message on my I phone that my Icloud was more than 50% utilized so I followed the instructions to back up my I cloud but it said I did not have enough memory. So I deleted approximately 600 photos (or more) and now my Icloud memory is 1.1 GB usage of a total of 5 GB capacity. I don't know if the two issues are related.

2/27/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPhone. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you have iCloud?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I have Icloud
Under the Icloud setting, I went to photos and the Icloud Photo Library is turned on. Should that be?

If you have iCloud Library turned on then the photos don't actually exist on your phone. They would need to be downloaded manually or you can download them directly from icloud.com

If I try to turn off that button, a message appears that asks me to download photo library to this phone. Should I do that?

You can, but you can also get them on your computer with iCloud Sync and then they will stay backed up.

Ok so how do I do that? I would like these pictures to be added to my computer.

You have windows, yea?

I do.
Sorry I'm not very literate with computer terms. :)

Use this link to setup iCloud on Windows.

I am downloading iCloud. A message popped up on the screen asking me to either repair or remove iCloud from this computer. What do I pick?

repair

Ok that didn’t work. Another error message says that the feature I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Then remove

It’s asking me to sign out. Not sure what to do. Uninstall anyway or cancel or open iCloud.

Uninstall Anyway

Ok it’s done installing. Next step?

Launch it sign in and turn photos on.

Where do I find it to launch.
What is it called?

It should be in the bottom tray next to the clock

On my phone or on the computer?

computer

I have it up on the computer but I don't know what you mean about signing in and launching?
Ok so do I now plug my iPhone into the computer and download. Sorry. I’m not great at this.

Is photos turn on like this?

LINK

You don't have to plug the phone in this way. It just downloads for you.

It doesn’t look like that at all. I don’t have a Mac computer. Is that the problem?
I'm sorry but I need to leave soon as I have a meeting to attend. Not sure how to fix this yet.
I'm sorry but I need to check out now. I just tried to download the photos and videos from I cloud to my phone and then I would transfer to my computer. A message appears that I need 2.69 GB require, which I do have. I'm really confused now.

That is a windows screen

Then you don't even have the room on your computer to have the photos.

that is the issue. OK so we will need to work on that one. thank you. Must leave now.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius