Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Ipad 2 and it has somehow got to Activation Lock.

I have an Ipad...

I have an Ipad 2 and it has somehow got to Activation Lock. I am on my desk top computer now. I do not remember the apple id or password ***** it. How do I get it off this activation lock so I can use it again

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I do not know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Well I think my daughter set the Ipad up years ago.

2/24/2018
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem, could you please provide me your Apple ID? The reason why I am asking we can try to check what are the possibilities available for resetting the password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but on my Ipad it wants my I cloud information and I do not remember

Do you have an access to your embarqmail account(*****@******.***)? So that we can send you the apple reset link to your email account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on my desk top computer

An email has been sent to your email address, *****@******.***. Follow the directions in the email to reset your password. Once you done with the reset, Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Reset password ***** it said go to my account

Now try to use this new password ***** your iPad and check if you can bypass the activation lock?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is telling me that***@******.*** cannot be used to unlock this ipad

Restart the iPad and check if you can bypass this activation lock?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wonder if I have an icloud.com account and it is under that. Restarting ipad now. How do I bypass the lock
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I bypass lock

I understand but end user can't bypass this high tech security because apple is more concern about the theft concern.

If you wish you can check with the apple Security team by over the phone 1-***-***-****/(1-***-***-****). Or in this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this activation lock issue and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a alternate solution. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ipad back on it goes to choosr a wi-fi network. My century link one shows up. When I choose it it goes to activation lock screen and ask for apple id and password. When I put in***@******.*** and new password ***** tells me it is wrong
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

In this case please check with the apple Security team by over the phone 1-***-***-****/(1-***-***-****) and verify your identity and prove that you're the owner of this iPad so that they might release or bypass the activation lock.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks

Once after checking apple security team, please reply me back and inform me the status. So that we can try alternate solution.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. See you again soon!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will check with them tomorrow

I got it, You have a nice day.

Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast
Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast