Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I changed my Apple ID on my phone and it did not transport…

I changed my Apple...

I changed my Apple ID on my phone and it did not transport to itunes or my ipad- what am I doing wrong?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 3 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I reset the phone at the Apple store with a genius but when I went to use i-tunes to download music it rejected that apple i.d. Is it the same ?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I do have the last 14 apple i.d.'s I have used over the last 12 months to try to sort out this problem.

2/19/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them.

You really need to use a single Apple ID across all your Apple services and devices. Any time you purchase or download something under a different ID it ties you to that ID forever (if you want to maintain access to that purchase) and there is no ability to merge them.

Ideally you should go through the settings of each device and replace any incorrect ID with the one you wish to use.

On the iOS device, please do the following for any section of Settings where the incorrect ID is being used. If neither ID is listed, choose the option to sign in with an existing account and use your correct Apple ID and password.

1) Go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloud

If incorrect account is listed, tap “Sign Out” or “Delete Account” and make sure the account is removed.

Sign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.

2) Go to Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” or Mail

Verify correct iCloud email is listed, if you use it.

3) Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign Out

Sign in with your correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.

4) Go to Settings > Facetime

5) Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store

Once you have completed the above then the iOS device should be ready to go.
If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

John T. F., Apple Consultant