Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Outlook 365. When I open it it stays up for seconds and goes…

Outlook 365 Technician's Assistant:...

Outlook 365

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Outlook?

When I open it it stays up for seconds and goes back to home screen installed last week

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2018
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you are using on the computer?

windows 7

Thank you. Open Control Panel>>Programs & Features.

Locate Microsoft Office 365 and select it.

At the top of the list click Change and run the Online Repair.

Let me know the result please.

error code 30034-4

Is that what you are getting when you try to run the repair?

Thank you. Please open Control Panel>>Internet Options

click the Security tab at the top.

Then click Reset all zones to default level and then click Apply/OK

Then click the start button and in the search box type: %temp%

You'll see the temp folder at the top of the search results.

Open the temp folder and delete all the files in it.

A few of them may be in use and won't delete. That's OK, you can leave them.

search box? in what tab?

In Windows 7 when you click the icon in the lower left corner

to open up the programs window there is also a search box you can type in.

there are 10 folders going back to yesterday which is when the problem started
delete them all?

Yes. Delete everything in the temp folder.

done

Great. See if you can open Outlook. If it's still giving a problem, try to run the repair again.

iphone outlook still turns off
ran repair and got same error code

Thank you. Uninstall Office 365 using the instructions HERE

Then sign in to your Office 365 account here: www.office.com/myaccount

Click Install on the left side of the page and on the new page

click Install again on the right side of the page to begin the download

and installation.

What does your iPhone have to do with all of this?

my iphone is what we are trying to fix
theres nothing wrong with the outlook on my desktop

Your original question says nothing about an iPhone.

well somebody sent you the wrong Q
my iphone outlook is my only problem
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Since all your email and other information resided on the email server and not on your iPhone, the quickest way to resolve the issue is to remove and then reinstall the Outlook 365 app. To do that, first press and hold the Outlook 365 app icon on the iPhone home screen until all the iPhone app icons start shaking. Then, then tap the “x” in the upper corner of the Outlook 365 app. When prompted with an option to delete the app and its data, confirm that you wish to delete it.

Then go to the App Store, search for Outlook 365, then download and install and open the app (you will be prompted to download, install and open).

Select the Get Started button, then enter your email address and click Add Account. Enter your account password ***** prompted and Outlook 365 should then connect to and sync with your account information and ready to use.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?

Got it fixed
Thx

Very good and thanks for letting me know.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer