Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

What can I do if I don't remember my iPad password. I am not…

What can I do...

What can I do if I don't remember my iPad password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I am not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, how do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but thank you so much for your assistance

2/17/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please let me know your email address registered with apple.

Thank you and kindly ignore the secure remote prompt

No
Oh, okay

Do you have the phone number ending with 62?

I do

For security purpose may I have the phone number please.

Password ***** Notification Sent

You can now reset your password ***** one of your devices.

A message with instructions has been sent to Maryann Keith’s iPhone (iPhone 5s), Maryann’s MacBook Pro(MacBook Pro 13"), and your other devices.

You can change your apple password ***** this.

Or if you are talking about your pass code, let me know.

I don't think you understand. I cannot get into my iPad as I don't remember it's password ***** get on. I know my Apple password.

Then you mean a pass code.

Kindly hold on.

Oh, I'm sorry. Thank you.

Have you synced your iPad with iTunes?

I have

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your device to the computer you synced with.
  2. Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with.
  3. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.
  4. After the sync and backup have finished, click Restore.
Okay, thank you!

Let me know if that worked.

I will be waiting for your response.

I can't get iTunes to even recognize my iPad now. Don't know what to do now.
  • Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  • Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  • When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
I just tried that and that option does not come up. What comes up is "slide off"

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

Try to press and hold them at the same time.

Recovery mode does not come up. I tried and so did my husband. Is there anything else I can do?
Just the home screen comes up and I cannot get into it because I have no idea what my pass code is. We have tried what you have given me so far to no avail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDOY6bwhqU8

Try following this video.

And thank you for your patience.

Okay. Thanks
Okay, I am watching the video and trying to follow. The problem is, when I do as it says the iPad cannot connect to the computer because it says it is locked.

Am sorry, let me open this for other experts.

Thank you for your help.
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello, my name is John.

Please try this:

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

-> Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

Okay, I will try this. Thank you.

You are very welcome!

When the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

Okay, thanks!

Good luck!

John T. F., Apple Consultant