Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

All my phone numbers on my Apple 4 have disappeared..

Hello, all my...

Hello, all my phone numbers on my Apple 4 have disappeared..

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Wouldn’t have a clue. Was my daughters phone and Iam a techno dinosaur

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

2 days. I went on line and found 4 methods which didn’t work for me .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

2/15/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

You can restore your contacts, calendars and reminders, or Safari bookmarks and reading list from an earlier version that was automatically archived in iCloud. For example, you might want to restore an earlier version of your contacts to recover some that were accidentally deleted.

When you restore an earlier version, your current version is first archived in iCloud so you can change your mind and go back to it.

Restore your contacts

You can restore your contacts and contact groups from an earlier version that was automatically archived in iCloud.

1. Go to Settings on iCloud.com, then click Restore Contacts (in the Advanced section).

Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.

2. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.

There may be more versions than can be shown at once. Scroll to see more.

Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. While it’s restoring them, any changes you make aren’t saved.

The restored contacts and contact groups appear on all your devices set up for iCloud Contacts.

If you change your mind, you can restore the contacts you were using. Just follow the steps above to restore the most recent version available.

Restore your calendars and reminders

You can restore your calendars and events together with your reminders and reminder lists from an earlier version that was automatically archived in iCloud.

If you have shared calendars or shared reminder lists, all sharing information is removed when you restore calendars and reminders. You have to share your calendars and reminder lists again, and ask other people to reinvite you to share their calendars and reminder lists.

Note: If you don’t have any shared calendars or shared reminder lists, you can skip steps 1, 2, and 5.

1. Go to Calendar on iCloud.com, then write down which calendars you’re sharing, who you invited to share each one, and whether each invitee can view and edit or only view. Also note which calendars other people are sharing with you.

For more information, see Calendar sharing overview.

2. Switch to Reminders on iCloud.com, then write down which reminder lists you’re sharing, who you invited to share each one, and whether each invitee can view and edit or only view. Also note which reminder lists other people are sharing with you.

For more information, see Share a reminder list.

3. Switch to Settings on iCloud.com, then click Restore Calendars and Reminders (in the Advanced section).

Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your calendars and reminder lists before you change them. While it’s restoring them, any changes you make aren’t saved.

4. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.

5. Reshare your calendars, reshare your reminder lists, and ask other people to reinvite you to share their calendars and reminder lists.

For more information, see Share a calendar with others and Share a reminder list.

The restored calendars, events, reminders, and reminder lists appear on all your devices set up for iCloud Calendars and Reminders.

If you change your mind, you can restore the calendars, events, reminders, and reminder lists you were using. Just follow steps 3 through 5 above to restore the most recent version available.

Restore your Safari bookmarks and reading list

1. Go to Settings on iCloud.com, then click Restore Bookmarks (in the Advanced section).

Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your Safari bookmarks and reading list before you change them. While they’re being restored, any changes you make aren’t saved.

The restored bookmarks and reading list appear on all your devices set up for iCloud Safari.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer
I cannot go to iCloud as my wi fi conection wants a password. I thought I new it but it won’t accept I. There is no provision for retrieval or a new one. This whole effort is a waste of my time and money. I will just sit down later and re do all my contacts that I have manually.
This stuff might be fun for those inclined but old folks it’s an absolute pain. When we get together we all sit and grizzle about how it drives us bats .
What I want to know is have I paid too much for nothing. Is this a con?
Last time I had an IPad problem the Apple shop in the city wouldn’t help me. Said I had to make an appointment on line. GREAT I don’t live in the city .
You have not helped me at all please do not charge me