Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I backup the data from my iphone and transfer the…

Customer Question
How do I backup...

How do I backup the data from my iphone and transfer the information to another iphone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't understand the question

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

. My existing mobile is an apple I6 and I want to transfer it to my apple10

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
2/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will diligently provide accurate advice. If “Additional Services” are offered, ignore them. Please, rate me when finished.

You can use iCloud to back up your data on your old iPhone and then restore it to the new one.

ON THE iPHONE 6:

tap Settings > [your user name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup (OR Settings > iCloud) to turn "Backup" to ON

You can back up manually by choosing "Back Up Now" from that same screen.

Wait until the back up has finished, then...

ON THE iPHONE X:

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

then tap “Erase all content and settings”

When the device restarts, it will display the Setup Assistant. In the Setup Assistant, sign in to iCloud, tap “Restore from a Backup,” then choose from a list of your backups in iCloud.

Your device is restored as follows: Your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup you chose. Your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Camera Roll, and other content.

You may be asked to enter passwords for iTunes, App Store, and others accounts to restore purchased items. If your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it downloads the latest version.

Progress bars appear below Home screen icons for apps being downloaded. To make an app a priority for downloading, tap its icon.

To check if the information on your device is fully restored, go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,