Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mail isn't going to in mail, it is all going to archive.

My mail isn't going...

My mail isn't going to in mail, it is all going to archive. How do I change this back,

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Computer, phone and I pad. All mac

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I called Called att and they siad it was your problem.

2/14/2018
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Is it going to archive on all your devices?

Please login to your email from a browser and check if there are any filters configured to move mails to archive.

When I did a search on filters. It said I had196 but how do I get to filters?

By sigining into your e-mail from the web, and then going into account settings (by clicking the settings wheel) on the top right.

Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
I am unable to sign in on web - I keep getting locked out of the account with a notice saying my password ***** ***** but i know i am entering the right password
I can't even reset the password, it just says "Account Locked".
What do you suggest I do?
Are you available?
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer

yes

Hi Michael

so you were being helped by Kamil. what happend after he helped you?

I cannot see any notes from the history of your communications.

He suggested I log in to my email with the browser and delete filters to fix the emails going straight to archive instead of inbox, but I tried logging in and I keep getting locked out of my account with a notice saying my password ***** match. I know I am using the correct password
I understand that this is probably all caused by my account getting hacked

ok. he suggested that you need to log into your yahoo email account. Did u do that?

I tried to log in to my account and I keep getting locked out, so I have no been able to get in yet

let me log into your system. that way I can see exactly what is going on.

I tried to reset the password ***** it just redirected to a page saying "account locked"

am going to send u a link. please click on the link and follow its instructions.

Ok

just a moment please.

Sure

here we go.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5faa8db0-44a8-44ed-a1a5-a7855837f805

are u calling from the USA?

I clicked the link but it is not allowing me to download the file
34;Safari can’t open the file “Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.exe” because no available application can open it."

can u click on the blue link and give me ur phone number to call. it is ok for me to call you?

ok. use this link instead.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5faa8db0-44a8-44ed-a1a5-a7855837f805&Type=Java

Sure, My name is***** am helping Linda get this sorted out.(###) ###-####

ok Zoe. nice talking to u I call you now.

This link also does not work

here we go

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e043a4a3-758d-41aa-a5b3-ffdd41ac4e76&Type=Java

Thank you for giving me the opportunity of helping you. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.