Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How do I recover my wpa password to enable my ipad hot spot,

How do I recover...

How do I recover my wpa password ***** enable my ipad hot spot

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just this thanks

2/11/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You want to recover the password ***** your WiFi from the iPad or your home WiFi?

Please ignore request for remote support they are automated by the website and not sent by me.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
My Mac os x

Your Mac does not provide WiFi it connects tot WiFi.

So I am assuming you are trying to retrieve your Home WiFi so you can connect your iPad to it? Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I'm on my phone should I be on my desk top?

Well, it depends. Was I correct in your issue?

You need to find the password ***** your home WIFi to connect your iPad?

OK, great.

There maybe could different ways to find that info. First can you tell me who is your Internet Service Provider?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Verizon

Normally Verizon provides you a modem/router box. On that box there is a sticker which provides the info you are looking for it.

It should say WiFi name and WiFi password. Can you locate the box and see if you can find that info? Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I have a hot spot but can't find any info on it
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
When I click on the icon it shows the iPad but it requires a WPA password ***** I'm not in possession of

OK, can you provide me the model number of the hotspot?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
4g lte but no model#

Do you have a windows laptop connected to the hotspot?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Mac os x

OK give me a moment.

Can I offer you remote services so I can assist you in locating the WiFi password ***** your Mac. Once we retrieve it you can use it to connect your iPad.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
You mean I have to pay another $30 I just paid $30 it sounded a little rough here

OK, not needed I can provide you instructions.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Thanjs
  1. On your Macbook click on the Spot light icon top right. It looks like a magnify glass.
  2. In the box type in Keychain Accces.
  3. Open Keychain Access.
  4. At the top right of Keychain access box type in the name of your WiFi. The one your macbook is connected to.
  5. It will then appear on the list. Double click on it for it to open.
  6. Now place a check box in show password. It will then prompt you to enter the password ***** your Macbook.
  7. It may also have a second prompt for username and password. This will be the same the username on your Macbook and the password ***** your macbook.
  8. Once entered in the box will display the WiFi password ***** need to connect your iPad or any other devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I have an iPad I can't see that icon

The steps I provided you are to be done from your Macbook not your iPad.

The macbook has the password ***** your iPad.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Yeah I have a desk top mac is x

Is your desktop connected to the Hotspot for WiFi?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
it is

Great. Please follow those instructions I listed to find the WiFi password ***** your hotspot.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Which instructions the instructions you gave me was for a Macbook I'm kind of lost could you start this over again thanks

The instructions are for any Macbook or iMac they both run the same operating system.

2. In the box type in Keychain Accces.
  3. Open Keychain Access.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Earlier I told you I can't find the spotlight icon on my desktop
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
possibly you may not be the person to help me and if I can't get help I feel like I just wasted $30 and if that's the case then I would like you to refund me my money thanks

You said on your iPad.

It is there top right it looks like a magnify glass. Also I very well qualified to assist you have more then 10 years of Mac experience.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Well I don't have a magnifying glass icon so what do you want me to do
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
On either my desktop or my iPad

Again. This has nothing to do with your iPad.

On your Mac click on the Apple icon top right.

Then click on System Preferences from the drop down. Look for Spotlight and click on it.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Got it
  1. In the box type in Keychain Accces.
  2. Open Keychain Access.
  3. At the top right of Keychain access box type in the name of your WiFi. The one your macbook is connected to.
  4. It will then appear on the list. Double click on it for it to open.
  5. Now place a check box in show password. It will then prompt you to enter the password ***** your Macbook.
  6. It may also have a second prompt for username and password. This will be the same the username on your Macbook and the password ***** your macbook.
  7. Once entered in the box will display the WiFi password ***** need to connect your iPad or any other devices.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I typed in Keychain access and when I press on the magnifying glass it just goes blue and doesn't take me anywhere

type it in and press enter or it maybe listed right underneath click on it.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Same results

Would you like to do a remote connection. I can lower the cost.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Sure how do we do that
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Ready

OK, great.

Please go to TeamViewer.com from the link. When you reach the site click on Download Now.

The software will start to download. When it is done, open it and follow the prompts to install and open.

When the software opens on the "left" side there will be a ID and password. Please reply back to me with the info so I can join the remote session.

http://www.TeamViewer.com

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
It's telling me it can't be installed on my system

Your doing this on your Mac desktop?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
it says I need a Mac OS X version 10.2 10.5 or later is required
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
10.10.5

Oh wow your iMac is really outdated.

Not sure if I will be able to remote into your Mac. Your OS is very old and will not support any of the current remote softwares.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Yaeh is so guess you can't help mybey I shouldn't have paid that last charge. If you could have them remove that I'll be happy to pay the $30 I guess I need a new computer thank you for your help

Sure, I will have the money paid for the remote session refunded no problem.

Unfortunately because of the old software my solution will not work. I would recommend a newer iMac at this point just because the software is outdated and the iMac you have will not be able to install Apple's latest software.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Got thanks have a great day
Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist