Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a new iPhone X and it’s running terribly slow. I’ve…

I have a new iPhone...
I have a new iPhone X and it’s running terribly slow. I’ve deleted a lot of apps, deleted pics, messages and I’ve done a hard reset. I worry it’s been hacked or something and that’s why it’s running slow. Any ideas?? Help pls!!
2/11/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please try the following solution and let me know the outcome.

Go into Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > REDUCE TRANSPARENCY: ON

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
It’s already on.

OK,

My recommendation is to reset the iPhone through iTunes using Recovery Mode. This will reload the OS back onto the iPhone from a fresh copy. If there are any issues with the OS this should resolve. I will provide you instructions. Do you backup to iCloud?

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Pls tell me he how to back up to iCloud and how reset if you will. Thanks!

If you have never backed up to iCloud then I am not sure if your device will be able to backup within the 5GB free space provided by Apple. You may have to purchase more space.

At this point you just want to backup to iTunes which is complete free. I will provide instructions.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Ok I have 50gb can you tell me step by step how to back up Pls??
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Thank you!

Back to iTunes.

1. Download the latest version of iTunes if you do not have you can go to iTunes.com and download for free.
  2. Plug your iPhone to your PC.
  3. Click on the iPhone in iTunes and you will see listed the details of your iPhone.
  4. Click on "Backup". That will backup your entire iphone and will save it to the PC. Restore is pretty easy as well after you have reset the iPhone.

Restore of the iPhone

1. Unplug the iTunes from the PC.
  2. Shut off the iPhone press and hold the on/off button until slide to power off comes up. Then power off.
  3. Make sure iTunes is open.
  4. Re-connect your iPhone to the your PC while shut off.
  5. Now turn it on as soon as you do hold the Home button.
  6. You should see iTunes logo on your iPhone.
  7. Then iTunes will prompt you to Restore, if update is available do the update because that means your iPhone does not have the latest iOS.
  8. After the Restore is complete it will prompt you through setting up the phone.
  9. You will be prompted if you want to restore from iTunes.
  10. Make sure your iPhone is connected to your PC and select Restore.

That your iPhone will restore the last backup you created. Let me know if you have any further questions, please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Ok let me try this. Also do my daughters phones not need to be linked to my iTunes account? Could that contribute to the slowness?? Should I reset their phones and create new accounts for each of them?

No, that should have nothing to do with the issue. However sharing an Apple ID with iMessage will allow for them to see your iMessages and vice-versa.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Thx for the help!

Your very welcome. Glad I could assist you.

If you have any further questions let me know.

Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist