Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Could you help me please. Phone and Ipad. I just need to be…

Hi could you help...

Hi could you help me please

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Phone and Ipad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I just need to be able to sign into ITunes and use my music library. I can see all the songs on my computer but phone and I pad only have to recently purchased

I can also try to get songs from my items library but when I choose them it get an error saying that the song cannot be located
2/11/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Let's get started!

Are your PC you see the songs in your iTunes Library but cannot play songs is that correct?

Can I offer you secure remote support so I can look into the issue and resolve it for you.

Hi Chris
I'm on my PC now

Great,

Please accept my offer and I can then remote into the PC.

Is there a way to do this without you connecting?

Once you accept I will send you the link and there is a chat function we can use to communicate on your Pc.

We can try some troubleshooting steps will just take longer.

I did not think it would cost so much. I have $30 spent already. Can we try something different first

OK,

Can you open your Music folder. You should have an iTunes folder. Check the iTunes folder to see if you see your music folder/files. Let me know if you see them?

This is also a company computer so we will probably struggle connecting.

It shouldn't be as long as you can download and can run the application. We can connect.

However, please tell me if you can see the iTunes folder with your music in it?

I do see an ITunes folder but there is no music in it

That is the reason why your iTunes cannot find/play the music. The files don't exist.

Did something happen on your PC that the files are not there?

Not that I know of. Is there a way to get them back? Do they have to be on the computer in order to play on phone and Ipad?

How did you get music to the iPad or iPhone? Where did you download from?

I put all the music in my iTunes account a couple of years ago from my CD's and then have bought some since then. I have over 5000 songs but can only play like 200 that I have purchased.

Your devices are only going to play the music you have purchased because it is linked to your iTunes account. Those files do not necessarily need to be on your PC. They can be accessed from any device you have linked to your Apple ID.

However, any personal music you have needs to be stored on a PC and imported into iTunes. Then you can sync that music to any of your Apple devices. That is the reason you are not seeing that music on your devices. I am not sure what happened to those files they should be in your iTunes folder. But apparently there not, do you have them on another PC.

They are backed up on a tera bite drive and I have found them. I just tried to sign into I tunes and when I typed in the password ***** locks up and just flashes. I can sign in on my phone and ipad just fine.
All the songs are on my tera bite drive. I found them

Great, copy the files into the iTunes Music folder. Then you can import them into your iTunes program and sync your devices to copy the songs over. Just a suggestion I recommend keeping your iTunes collection on a personal PC not a work PC.

Thanks Chris but not sure just how to go about that. So you are saying to put the iTunes from the hard drive on to the PC then I will be able to play?

Yes, you need to copy the files into the iTunes folder inside of your Music folder.

If you like I can assist you with this because it can be a little tricky if not done correctly. You will see duplicates of your music in iTunes.

I just grabbed the folder "iTunes" from the tera bite drive and dragged it to the "iTunes" folder on the PC. It says it will take about 45 minutes. From there should I be able to play the music and use all of my previous apps on the phone and I pad? I see it transferring my books and some other apps as well.

I would delete all the music in iTunes because if not you will have duplicates.

Then once the folder is completely transferred over. Open iTunes click on on File top left and Add folder to Library. Select the iTunes folder and it will import the music. When it is done you can then setup the sync options on your devices.

Let me know if any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

OK thanks Chris. I will do that. If this does not work is there a way I can contact you again?

Sure, just come back here and send me a message any time. You should have an email from JustAnswer with a reply button that will bring you right back to this page.

ok thanks I will finish up with the transfer and they try your instructions and let you know how it goes.

Sure, thanks.

Hi, I wanted to follow up and see how did you make out?

Please let me know. If my solution worked for you please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. Thanks, Cris.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist