Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a new iPad pro and the display for my apps wont…

I just got a...

I just got a new iPad pro and the display for my apps wont rotate. It displays the internet, photos, etc correctly. How can I rotate the view?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

No I'll try that... I powered off and restarted, is that what you meant?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

2/11/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the control panel. In there, look for the icon that has the lock inside of it and the arrow surrounding it. If it is red, it is on and the screen rotation is locked. To unlock it, press on it and it should turn white. Then your screen will be able to rotate.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

That didn’t work
Was it locked or unlocked
It was locked but even when I turned it off it still didn’t rotate certain app’s displays.
There at some types of screens that do not rotate. Which are not working for you, for example?
I mean what are you viewing that won’t rotate?
Yum and Nikon SnapBridge
Now that you have unlocked the rotation, try this to test:
Power off and restart the iPad. Hold it in portrait mode. Push the top forward to lay it down flat. If the screen rotates, slide to get to control panel and lock it in a rotated position. Next open each of the apps that won’t rotate and see if they open in rotated screen. Let me know the results.
No didn’t work
Some apps or screens only support portrait or landscape mode. I will test here on my iPads to make sure. Is Yum the recipe app?
I think I’ll try the Apple Support thank you

You're welcome.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know

Richard, Apple Software Engineer